Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I had an interesting discussion with a friend last night about the new College of Charleston fashion blog, cofcstyle.com.  I was, at first, very hesitant to accept this blog because I felt as though it was truly a shopping and entertainment blog, not a commentary about fashion on campus.  I thought the pictures of people on the "Cobblestone Catwalk" section were merely a reflection of current trends, not personal style and I felt a little cheated.  However, one of my many stylish friends, who I happened to be talking to about this subject, made a very valid point.  She said that perhaps these trends are the style of College of Charleston.  This got me thinking and as I did my usual walk around campus from class to class, I realized it was true.  So, I guess, instead of condemning cofcstyle.com I want to inspire the students of CofC to get creative. Stop wasting your time copying everyone else, nobody likes another sheep!  I want to walk to class and be attacked by all the personal styles out there.  I therefore want to encourage people to attend this launch party, but only if you are going to look awesome for yourself, not for everyone else out there.  I definitely do not want to see a bunch of girls in dresses from Luna with some heels from Copper Penny calling themselves stylish.  Wear something you wouldn't normally wear out and get creative.  I would love to see some sequins put to excellent use and perhaps some patterned tights- people, it is going to get cold out there the more layers, the better- plus layers are in.

1 comment:

  1. Well said Ms. Garvey. Wait'll you see my bedazzled patterned tights tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete